Provincial Convocation 2017
Rebuild My Church, A 21st Century Version
Tuesday, June 20 through Sunday, June 25, 2017
Check in at St. Anne Retreat Center begins at 1:00 PM on Tuesday.
Convocation begins with dinner at 6:00 PM and ends after lunch on Sunday.
Cincinnati Where Our Province of the Americas Was Born
St. Anne Retreat Center,
5275 St. Anne Drive
The Rev. Murray Bodo OFM
Please read his 2012 book, Francis and Jesus, in preparation for Convocation.
Convocation Chair: Beverly Hosea
Please bring your alb and both green and white stoles to participate in the Eucharists.
Altar Guild volunteers:
We are always looking for more. Sign up with Sonya Riggins-Furlow at firstname.lastname@example.org
A pilgrimage back to our roots in the Cincinnati area where the Third Order, Province of the Americas, had its beginning. Highlights of our history and spotlights on outstanding tertiaries and their contributions.
Celebrating our diversity throughout the Province through fellowship displays of all the different ministries currently engaged in by tertiaries, workshops and presentations.
Intentional discernment work in small groups around discussion questions designed to help us focus a vision for the next 100 years, building on the work of Chapter.
Centennial Convocation Prayer
(Refer to your prayer card in three languages)
Lord Jesus Christ, when the world was growing cold, you raised up blessed Francis, bearing in his body the marks of your suffering to warm our hearts with the fire of your love. Help us always to turn to you with true hearts, and for love of you to bear the cross; who with the Father and the Holy Spirit lives and reigns, One God, forever and ever. Amen.
• Various workshops by our own tertiaries and by local ministries of interest to Franciscans
• Field trip into Cincinnati and local sites, including the Freedom Museum with its display on the Underground Railroad
• Reports from SSF, CSF, Minister Provincial, our outgoing and new Provincial Bishops Protector, and other Franciscan groups, as well as visitors from the Community of the Transfiguration
• Group meetings for formation counselors, area chaplains, and fellowship conveners
• Daily Offices and Eucharists with music and great preachers from our own membership and banners made by each fellowship
• Professions, novicing, and renewal of vows at the Centennial Eucharist on Saturday
• Saturday night Centennial Celebration
•Live streaming to TSSF.org of various parts of Convocation
Call for Fellowship Displays of Local Ministries
We want to be able to visibly express the great diversity of ministries that our individual members and fellowships perform in their local communities. We are asking that each fellowship create a display, be it a banner or a trifold, which will show the local ministries of the Fellowship, and we will display them in a hallway set aside for highlighting the work of our Order and membership.
We hope that there will be representation at Convocation from every Fellowship, but, if nobody from your fellowship can be in Cincinnati personally, please plan on getting the display to us ahead of time (shipping information will be sent closer to the time).